Dear Rainier Scholars community,
Equality, opportunity and equitable access to resources remain core to our mission, as does our commitment to supporting all in our community in any needed ways, as we battle both the coronavirus and the even more vicious disease of racism and inequality.
Resources for Justice & Community Support
- NAACP Legal Defense Fund supports racial justice through advocacy, litigation, and education.
- Justice for Floyd is a petition from Change.org demanding justice for George Floyd.
- Campaign Zero is a police reform group that has been working on policy solutions “informed by data and human rights principles.
- We Love Lake Street: Help support the South Minneapolis Lake Street Corridor community rebuild. The corridor includes businesses and nonprofits predominantly owned by immigrants
Resources for Education and Parenting
- Resources for Talking about Race, Racism and Racialized Violence with Kids by Center for Racial Justice in Education
- Your Kid Aren’t Too Young to Talk about Race: Resource Roundup by Pretty Good
- Teaching Tolerance website for educators
- Antiracism Resources
- Talking to Children after Racial Incidents from the Penn GSE Newsroom
- Supporting Kids of Color in the Wake Of Racialized Violence from EmbraceRace
- Talking About Racism And Bias: Resources for Parents And Caregivers from Children’s Alliance
- Talking to Kids about Racial Violence by Haig Chahinian
- How to Teach Kids to Talk About Taboo Subjects by Liz Kleinrock
- Seeing White Podcast This is a helpful resource to listen to as a family or on your own. Recommended by a friend through her white affinity groups throughout the year.
- Raising Anti-Racist White Children Workshop
- The Racial Healing Handbook: Practical Activities to Help You Challenge Privilege. Confront Systemic Racism, and Engage in Collective Healing (The Social Justice Handbook Series) by Anneliese A. Singh and Tim Wise
- 75 Things White People Can Do for Racial Justice by Corinne Shutack
The following documents include a wealth of community support services and resources. Please note, given the ever-changing landscape of COVID-19 recommendations, some of the information in this document may have changed. Please check directly with any organization to verify available services.